Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Where do I begin?...........

Hi y'all! 


I've added extra visual to my visuals today, next step will be using Flickr to streamline my design further! One step at a time with Metal Dog & technology! 


Someone asked me recently how did I come up with name Metal Dog. 


There are three very good answers to this "as I have told you...." One I LOVE shiny objects, particularly metals. Secondly I LOVE LOVE LOVE DOGS!!!! And thirdly my Chinese star sign is Metal Dog! In Chinese Astrology the Zodiac is named after a series of animals, each animal is represented by a particular year each year. This year is Year of the Tiger so if you are born this year, you wont be able to read this  :  )  I was born in the Year of the Dog and my element is Metal. Each sign has a corresponding element. I feel happy that this astrological sign suits me so well & that I reflect the characteristics of that sign. :  )  Woof woof!   :  )  

So today my last whole day in Berlin. Today I spent it walking & walking & walking. Its a good thing that I wasn't accompanied on this leg (What a funny expression!) of my holiday. I have a habit of walking heaps & often to the extreme much to others detriment. I walked from Mitte, Prinzenstrasse 40 all the way to Tiergarten the long way via Reichstag. I walked (nearly) the entirety of its gorgeous perimeter & then in between. I discovered a Beautiful Gated English Garden complemented with lulling fountain & slightly overgrown flora. I know a lady named Glwadys who would appreciate it as much as I did. There were statues of course around about and lovely grey rabbits took me by surprise on a number of occasions. I love rabbits! (but I don't like eating them) 


It rained again today, at one time considerably, but not that heavy. This week in NYC it will be in the mid-30's! Thats 2moro  :  )   Yes so much of my time was spent walking to, around and in Tiergarten. My legs were SO SO tired and particularly my right foot! If I had to do it again I would definitely catch the train there to save my legs a little and that way had time & leg-energy to explore the Zoo @Tiergarten. Also the hiring of a push bike would have been exquisite. Tiergarten is a joy to absorb & relish!  :  )   


After all that walking I took the train to Alexplatz (Spel? Will edit this later) One of my favourite area's of the city cause of its modern architecture & huge shopping complexes. Not as big as the one in Cairo but vastly vastly grander & better. I bought some cheap headphones, cause they always end up breaking up on me eventually, and two DVD's that Im hoping my laptop will accept the region for (2) Dorian Gray & Single Man. Both with gay themes / characters and both staring Colin Firth. Funny cause Im not a big fan of his. Though he is a good actor. I was actually put off buying them cause he is in it. 


Other people Im deterred buying DVDs of is Tom Cruise, Nicolas Cage & Alan Rickman. I cant think of others but I will later. Do you have any actors you'd rather do without? Please let me know who & why. Im really interested. Seriously I am. The only time I really liked Cruise when he was in Risky Business that I went to see when I was underage! Other than that he annoys me! Let me know if you read this Mum.    


So here I am in the foyer of Mitte One, about to sign off cause my short message has become a long one. 


Its up to you New York!    NEW YORK!!!! So start spreadin the news..... Metal Dog turns FORTY in a few days time   :   )    

No comments:

Post a Comment