Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Story of Friendship, Physio and the Decaying Wisdom Tooth : )

Had a truly eventful week! Though my working week was filled with dreariness, saved only by a few lovely colleagues, I had other events to add colour to my week! 




I started my working week, Tuesday this week, by late morning having trouble walking. I was just walking. And had a unnerving twitch & slight cramp in my right leg / hip. Eventually I left work for the day & went to Physio. Twas going to go there about my knees but that was put on hold.   :  (    Thought I had slight discomfort then, oh no, the real discomfort came with physio!!! Pain pain! Though necessary pain  :  )  Well thats alright then :   )  Went back again later that week, but how was I to know that more intense pain was headed my way!!! 










I caught up with the Lovely David & the hard to catch Kevin for dinner at Betty's on Wednesday where Kevin filled us in on his stay in London. Kevin went to Ibiza with friends whilst there. David and I also had many a yarn to spin with a good time had by all. It was lovely yo catch up with the two of them. We've been friends for around 15 years! And it all started thanks to Sharespace a  gay (no not as in a bad or  lame) accommodation sourcing agency where people are (hopefully) matched with compatible flat mates. 15 years later we are certainly compatible!  :  )  Anyway we were served by the quirky, intelligent and observant manager of Betty's, wish I knew his name! He's one of the reasons I go there. Apart from his usual welcomed interludes this day he showed us a CD cover with Betty's on it! How cool! I like Betty's! 'He' even told us about Betty, a real person, who lives somewhere in Bondi Junction. Must get his name next time. 




Friday night very happy to be home though apprehensive about what I'd do on the long weekend I was watching my fave tv series of 30 Rock, LOVE IT LOVE IT! Anyway In was eating crisps. All of a sudden during this I felt something hard like a stone in my mouth & thought there was one in the crisps. I took it out it looked like a stone, a white stone. Then seconds later thought maybe it was a tooth then felt an unfamiliar sensation and a gap 'on' one of my back teeth. It didn't hurt when I brushed and flossed the area but it did when I mouth washed it! 




So I went for emergency dental work the next day, Saturday. Luckily it was a owned by my health care company & I have good cover! I have never had a more traumatic experience at the Dentist! (Except perhaps when I was little) I was still recovering from the ordeal after leaving, I guess it was pain I had to endure! It was a decaying wisdom tooth that had chipp




Don't forget to brush the back teeth as they can get overlooked & dental floss everyday. It may be annoying or awkward but its worth it! (I manage to floss at least every second day, wow thats an interesting fact!!!!) 




After this I met up with the lovely Anne, also a dear friend for probably 15 years as well. I met her up at Hornsby near her home. We went for tea at T2. Its wonderful there, they have a beautiful secluded section there with muted lighting and cosy corners. It was great to catch up with Anne we always have lovely chats when we catch up. I don't have a picture of Anne to show at this stage.   

2 comments:

  1. nice to see pics of Bettys and you and kevin and david of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it certainly was greysh to catch up as always. I love seeing my best of best friends. No my soulmates!!

    Interesting about teeth and flossing. I never used to floss until one dentist told me "the bacteria is shitting on your teeth and you need to floss the shit out"!! Yes I got scared and flossing everyday ever since.

    I too also have chipped molar tooth but it happened years ago and left it like that.

    Please say hi to lovely Anne of the Newtown for us.

    Can't wait to see you again and would be delighted to dine at Betty's any day. Let us know what his name is. He is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete