Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Sunday, September 12, 2010

BACK TO REALITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here I am in the environmentally friendly Surry Hills Library. Its three days now since I returned to Sydney. I hated arriving back. Getting out of the airport was swift. Using my ePassport I sauntered past the throngs of weary jet lagged travelers to a queue where there was none. I was first in line as there was no line. Swiped my passport, had my face scanned by computer for identification & then made my way to baggage claim. As I approached the conveyer belt my bag was there in less than a minute! I proceeded to the larger than life queue for customs & luggage scan / checks. Was there for about a minute, a customs lady approached me mentioned that I was carrying papyrus, the tube containing it was open, asked me a few questions such as "are you carrying beef jerky?" ....yes this is true! We bantered for a few seconds, she stamped my papers & directed me to an exit door where there was NO queue, yet again! The whole exit process took four or five minutes tops!


Outside I was greeted, not personally, by hundreds of people waiting for loved ones & taxi pick ups. It was suffocating actually.  Part of me, jet lagged, was imagining family & friends there to greet me enthusiastically.... then I woke up, no not really but I did imagine it for a nano second, thinking 'no, I would cry & I don't want that'. Then I felt alone, then I wished I had a happy bouncing puppy waiting for me at home. Alas that was also not realistic nor meant to be. The way it happened though was the way it happened however and I think that gave me time to convey the reality forming around me. 


So today I am still adjusting to life back home. Work tomorrow.... next thought please! I did think 'how small Sydney is' after all the places I've been to. And how multicultural it isn't compared with the U.S. I miss the U.S and I miss the television there! Especially the channel TNT with all the police / investigator shows, and The View with Whoopi Goldberg & Barbra Walters & two others I cant think of now. (one of them, a comedian, has her own talk show & had Cyndi Lauper, Melissa Ethridge, Pat Benetar & etc all on the one show! Another day she interviewed Belinda Carlyle (spel?) And America's got Talent! ACTUAL TALENT! Well not all some was painful! Anyway everyone please U Tube (or better) Prince Poppycock!!! You read correctly, he is AMAZING! Sharon Ozborne was saying on the show he is the male Lady Gaga. He does Opera, but the way he does it is astounding! He is High Camp and an AMAZING talent! Puts Mardi Gras to shame! Please go look him up! 


Im gonna go now. Have actually taken some last pix of San Fran yet to down load & pix of my trip home from the airport. These will be more for my friends who haven't seen my neighborhood & for Leandro. 


By for now! Please people leave comments for me!    

No comments:

Post a Comment