Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Welcome to my Blog : )

First of all thanks youse to Kevin for leaving some comments on my Blog for me  :   )   Secondly and just as importantly thanks to Jon for dedicating pix to me on his Blog, The Bear Essentials! He is in Santorini atm and took pix of dogs and one pushkins (ie; kitten for those not able to translate friend-speak) 




Im currently in Surry Hills Library (again) cause its the most comfortable place to do laptop things in. B4 entering the library I got take away coffee & took some pix of the libraries exterior. 


I LOVE reflections, even my own (I don't mind saying, thats the Virgo in me!) Yes love reflections. Sometimes I think they bring out better definition & colour than the images in our solid reality.


I think people can look better, at times, in their reflection, all glossy & fluid like, negating the finer details of physical flaw & incongruent personalities. You don't get the whole, true picture from a reflection but at least it can be flattering 
 :  )   


Unlike the fable of the dog with a bone who sees its reflection, barks at itself then looses the bone. Sometimes our minds lose focus based on reflection of how we look and who we are based on our reflection. Whether this be from looking at ourselves in the mirror, what people say to us, how they react and respond to us and how we ourselves behave in response to surrounding stimuli. Then there's the thoughts and beliefs this view accumulates which in turn shapes the person we are. 


Back to the story of the dog, I love dogs & I love humour, so Im able to see the funny side of the subjects mishap as well as the meaning. 


What does your reflection say to you?   :   )   


Below is a pic, three doors down, from Hyde Park from a few days ago. It was meant for the last posting but my technology was slow as was power. So here it is today. Gonna look for other pix now and add them. This must be from a week ago actually cause its before the photo's went up for the Art & About exhibit. The ones in the last posting with the red dust storm & the B&W of lady drinking on the rocks at the beach. I loved the heat and sweat felt through that picture via black and white filter. The background looks stormy too. One of those days where its been that incredibly hot the skies have no option but for tumultuous rapture! I love storms and crashing waves! 








If you walk beyond you will come to a fountain. I've focussed on one of the figures. 




It is here that I'll take you back to my place and show what I've done to my desk. The last posting had a pic of my desk as treasure trove, so I've complemented this theme with a something I bought a few years ago in Perth at a market at Freemantle. I believe its a Tibetan prayer for blessing. I have a small collection of papyrus prints,  the main one I want to put under glass on my dining table the others I'd like to frame.


Wasn't sure which one to post here so I put them all in. Makes my desk really interesting. It reminds me where I've been, what matters most to me and where my interests are. 
 Its a reminder that life is filled with mysteries some real and others imagined. Create and use your imagination to take you places. Let your personality shine!
 The library is shutting soon so Im going for coffee at Coco Cubano, anyone want to join me?! 


And please leave comments. You just have to create a gmail account. Its easy, I did it so can you. 




 




1 comment:

  1. I love the photos. One question tho, why am I not on your desk?? I know we don't have many photos together and I think this coming Wednesday is perfect opportunity. I will put my best pink dress on...

    ReplyDelete