Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A week has past by........ Philosophy with Metal Dog

A week has past by since I arrived back in Sydney. 


At first I was hesitant to return & humoured by the size of Sydney and the world I'd left behind. Though not completely settled Im getting there.


As I wrote there is a big world outside the context of our own immediate worlds. (Or words to that effect) Its easy to  lose sight of reality, more so for others like myself at times, when we only see what's directly in front of us, what has past and what we perceive in the future. Are we perceiving everything that's happening right now based on what happened in the past. Sometimes this is a good thing though the life ahead is not always a reflection of the past, only if we perceive it as our reality. However most of what we know and how we interpret, respond & react to it is based on past experience. Our minds get fixed, sometimes with blinkers or blindfolded, on what our focus is, not seeing other experiences, points of view, angles, expressions and possibilities.  




This is the way I've seen life so far from experience and from what I've read. Going away for a month has enabled me to confirm this clearer than I would had I not gone away. I have Dad to thank for the opportunity to go away and to a lesser extent a five year relationship breakup. Thanks Dad. Thanks Sam & I. The other influence was of course my turning forty though I've already been through this before. 


Thats all. And thanks to some prompts from my good friend Jon I can now rearrange pix to make my Blog increasingly beautiful & palatable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment