Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Castro, Lost in Figure of Eight & cool Graffiti Pix

Things didn't go as planned today. Though I did get to Castro, SF's gay district, then I got lost BIG TIME for hours, then really sunburnt, I ate a late lunch, back to the Hotel & then back out to the shops. Was gonna make a second attempt at the Golden Gate Bridge to find that the fog had descended on the fair city. 


Castro is a wonderful strip, novelty shops, quaint architecture, colour, variety. Looks like some nice places to eat. I had a ridiculously good chocolate chip cookie with %#&*off! chocolate chips that melted on impact. ("%#&*off!" relates to awesome size of chocolate chips) There were a few pleasant encounters with friendly shop assistants, with chatting included. Anyone who knows me knows I don't usually chat with people in this context. It seems very welcoming here. I'll be interested to see how this translates in the evening. 


Speaking of evening, the weather here totally changes, in the morning as well. The classic San Franciscan fog still envelopes the cityscape from evening to morning. The day was relatively hot, blue skies & winds in parts of the area. The morning & evening goes chilly. "As I have told you" (in joke whilst in Egypt) I LOVE the chill! The sun was too harsh for me today, the surrounding suburbs welcoming in the sunshine. Geographically its a very hilly & open city. 


I got lost after Castro. Went in the totally wrong direction then went, almost, full circle before giving up on the Golden Gate bridge to finish with yet another loop. So basically I did a figure of eight. A figure of eight to NOWHERE!!! 


Late lunch was ok went to the same place as yesterday. The service was slow. Had beer battered Cod. The Cod was fried to death before arriving. Breakfast out this a.m was average, the OJ was awesome so I ordered a second one. I'd been fantasizing about.... bacon for ages during my trip, so when I finally had it it was also fried to death, sapped of any nutritional value. 


Tomorrow I intend to go to the Golden Gate Bridge, better planned this time! 


I love U.S tv!!!! Im watching a crime drama-like tv station. 


Gotta go have pix to download to accompany these words. Oh & there was a highlight of getting lost. I took some wonderful pix of graffiti! This would not have happened otherwise. I still used up several hours getting lost, big chunks of desolate city space. And tonight I took some great pix of lighting alongside Union Square where Im staying. Hotel in the pix is not my residence. 


See ya's!    


    

No comments:

Post a Comment