Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Friday, September 24, 2010

So this is whats been happening......

So here I am in downtown Kings Cross (KX) Im at Coco Cabana's, not the nice one with the great open location on Taylor Square but the one with drunks, druggies and working girls, oh and the occasional closing of the street due to gun fire   (  :  


I've got some really nice pix to share today from the last week or so I think. Only have half battery power & sore shoulders from the height of the tables here. Oh Im safe, the police are here waiting for a coffee as a messed up washed out young lady passes by me, her loose strapped mid- heels scuffing along the wooden floorboards. 


Work has been a challenge. I think I need a change! Its an empty, shallow job. Again the holiday has helped me to see things differently. 


As I do I've been spending a few lunch times in Hyde Park where there is a Photo Exhibition on, actually all around the city. The pix that accompany this posting are my highlights. Two photographs stood out for me. They've also dressed up the statues around the area. Im not sure though whether this could offend some people especially royalists or anyone with a family connection to the statues subjects. Thats what I think. The lovely Rakhi at work thinks that too   (  :   


So a few days ago I went out for dinner with the lovely David & Paul to that Vietnamese restaurant on Bourke Street behind Taylor Square. It was lovely of course cause they are lovely. They've been together for quite some time now (years?) & every time I see them together its like they've recently met. Its Beautiful with a capital B  :   )   Great company too. Thanks guys!    


Last weekend I caught up with my brother Alex and his girlfriend Penny, a nice paring there too! So much love in the air! We spent an hour or so looking for a car park in the city for a BIG ute! Finally we found one & eventually went to the Vietnamese place I mentioned above. Im a creature of habit and a good inexpensive dinner. Betty's is my other fave for those of you who don't know. I DO need some NEW places though! Any suggestions?  

2 comments:

  1. Oh darling friend, finally I get to post a comment on your blog. It's such a pleasure to read your updates. And you are right, why call you anymore when I can read all your latest updates on your blog. Hehe.

    Glad to know you had a great holiday. Well except the flying experience with United Airlines.

    I'm most excited to be catching up with you, David and possibly Paul this coming Wednesday night. So much to catch up on.

    Until then, I shall be reading your blog daily. xoxo. Kevin Lambchop Mon

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way the photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete