Pathways Through Tiergarten

Pathways Through Tiergarten
A Beautiful Park

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I've arrived in San Francisco !!! : ) Home of Bodice-Rippers & Mrs Madrigal

So here I am in the civic heart of San Francisco. Minutes from the Macy's, a huge Westfields, other department stores, etc & Union Square. 



An unusual system with United. Unlike every other airline I've EVER been on seats are "assigned" later after check in & minutes before boarding!


Did something very different for me, don't get excited now! Went to Restaurant right next to my Hotel! For anyone who knows me I'd usually walk about undecidedly for quite some time B4 eating somewhere. Had the New York cut steak. 


(Think I forgot to recount, ordered the New York Steak yesterday in NYC, they didn't have it! So I ordered another steak. The steak was swimming in a shallow watery brown broth. It smelt off but I gathered it was just the way it was cooked. None-the-less it wasn't very nice even masked in steak sauce & even though it smelt & tasted vaguely off) Anyway this NY Steak in San Fran was divine! 


Walked up the road, literally. Powell road actually from where Im staying. Just thought Id see what was around. From here I turned left. In the distance I could see a church that looked familiar. It was Grace Cathedral where scenes from 'Further Tales of the City', by Armistead Maupin,  were set. ("Its organic") Twas wonderful to see a monument from one of my favourite series! I kept thinking, Im in love! As I walked the fog started to settle. Mrs Madrigal even gets noted in the DK Top Ten Series for San Francisco! I LOVE Mrs Madrigal, I wish she was real! (In my mind she is!) 


Other literary figures Amy Tan, 'The Joy Luck Club' & the incomparable Danielle Steele charmed Bodice-ripper novelist, both locals of the area. 


So here I am in my room. 2moro I will encompass major sites such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park & the Castro (Gay area) 


I love San Fran I don't want to leave & I've only just arrived! 

1 comment: